It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:39 am

Welcome
Welcome to towerraiders2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Level 17 - Yeller Snow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:45 pm 

I was referring to the difficulty setting of the level yeller snow. The easies setting is called first contact. The first level of TR2 is called lost in space.

I did, however, find an excellent strategy for invasion setting,will post more details when I am at my computer. My phone doesn't like these forums much when it comes to typing.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:04 am 

OK Here is the setup that got me past invasion with 20 crystals. I wont give away the exact placement order unless people get desperate, but I pretty much built from the center out. The inner layer goes down first pretty much like yoko's strategy, but the outter layer is a bit different, and I stuck to mini guns instead of flame throwers in the center. Skipping corners in the beginning is the only way I found to survive. Thanks for that tip yoko! Oh and I used smasher for the Hero.

LEGEND

GREEN = CANNON
BLUE = MINI GUN
RED = COOL RAY
YELLOW = LASER
BLACK = STINGER
PURPLE = REACTOR

1 = MEGA
2 = ELITE
3 = GHOST

By this setup you will be to round 17 or so, and form there I upgraded the stinger on the left to mega and put an extra row of cannons below the bottom row. But Im pretty certain it wasnt necessary, maybe the stinger but probably not till towergeddon or raid. Best of luck!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:50 am 

I'm not one to knock it before I rock it but I just got owned with that layout on rad... maybe if I make the entrance at the south exit I might have more luck... I'll post later

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:02 am 

Oh yeah I imagine raid would take a bit more planning. Just trying to help anyone stuck on invasion, I'm 3 levels away from the kick ass trophy myself.

Can't wait to start developing strats for 5 star raid on all levels. I figured people would start separate threads for raid strats.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:59 pm 

Well I myself don't have that problem I have all trophies from beta :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 pm 

Yeah sure wish I would have caught that glitch in time :) Did you score all the rewards too or just the trophies during beta?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 am 

It really wasn't a glitch it was that their where only 2 levels so... anyways I cracked the code... used basically your layout but with hero I started Smasher until wave 3, Laser until wave 8, then radar the rest of the way.

As for the layout I started backwards to yours, I made it clockwise. I placed 1 reactor blocking the south exit. For the outer wall was all cannons same as the inner wall I made a 3 layer for the left and right walls where I placed 2 yellow singers on either side.

I hope that helps.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:46 am 

I went left to start as well. First few towers were mini guns, the rest was all cannon and freeze. Important to time the reactors. I put them in front of south exit, then in far corners and a couple scattered around, then upgrade. I had plenty of cash to upgrade a few to ghost cannons. Btw, one trick you can use as a last resort is to unblock the south exit and block north just as you're about to lose it. I didn't need it, but it's a fun idea

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:56 pm 

well I'm on level Raid, and I've tried the circle numerous times without sucess. I barely beat it on Tower. I've tried doing a step formation to the sides while putting a long line in front of one exit, didn't work. I tried setting up defences around an exit instead of the crystals, but it left too many crystals in play going back to base to be picked up by raiders. Has anyone beaten this level on Raid? And if so, how about sharing your strategy.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:02 am 

Well I beat it last night on Raid level! I did the circle thing something like the pic above, but I started with nothing but guns and made a complete circle around the center, leaving the corners open. Once I made the first lap around I used 4 or 5 cannons in a row. I blocked the south exit and made it impossible for raiders to go around the south end. Then I set a long row of guns blocking the north exit across the top so that the raiders have to go between my "circle" and the line of guns. Then I put lazers on the open corners. I used reactors toward the end of my "circle" to make the maze longer, ending up with 3, each upgraded once. I used stingers for arial defense, and used the 'smasher" throughout the game. My only weakness was the frogs that could leap through my lines of defense, I did not use a double wall, just a long maze. I ended up with about 11 or 12 crystals, would have been 4 more but on the last wave the frogs got through. I replaced the guns as I could with cannons and lazers. I had three freezers, one at the right lower side, one at the left upper side, and eventually one at the top side right, upgraded fully. I put the line at the top, seperate from my maze because I needed a second line of defense because in "the maze", where my power was, things got too crowded and raiders could slip through with cryatals that would end up being too close to the end of my "circle maze". Then another raider would pick it up and take it out. I set it up so that I could do segnificant damage to a raider even if he didn't go through my first maze, by making the raiders go by the outside of my circle all along the right side and top and part way down the right side, then back up and out along the very top. You have to have lazers against the frogs and tanks, and even the armored swann looking things. Most of my lazers were red, one or two I got to ghost, and actually got one ghost cannon. But I had lots of towers on the board by the end, so getting everything to red or ghost was not possible. I f I knew how to post a pic of the end-board I would. Hope this helps!

Report this post

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next